Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Glogster

Glogster

Glogster is a wonderful and fun tool that I have recently found. This website allows for you to create a digital poster board of anything you would like. The posters you create can contain pictures, videos, links to websites, and much more multimedia. The amount of elements a person can put on one page is mind blowing. The first few times on this website was very trial and error. As much as I enjoyed this tool, I found it challenging at first to understand how to position and add elements to my poster. Once I overcame my learn curve I found this website to be a quick and fun way to get information out quickly.

Glogster and the classroom

I feel that this tool gave me some difficulty in building my own glog. This has lead me to use this tool to provide my students information rather than have the students build personal glogs. I feel that often times in schools students over look simple information because its just a boring read. I feel that making a glog of this type of new information may help to keep students engaged. I made a simple getting to know me glog in order to help students get to know me in a fun and light fashion. I think the students would feel more connected to me thru playing videos of my pets and both verbally and visually getting a glimpse at my daily life. I think that having a glog would allow students to be come more engaged in the information at hand. I can see this being helpful for school news letters and even to replace simple hand outs. If a glog was used instead of a handout it would allow teachers to use more resources such as videos as well as allow students to review the materials at anytime they would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment