Thursday, March 6, 2014

Blabberize me

Blabberize

Blabberize is one of the most fun websites that I have found an educational use for. I can think of hundreds of way to Blabberize my lessons. Blabberize allows you to upload any picture you would like and select its mouth so that it moves with the recording you create for it. This makes the picture appear to be speaking your words on its own.Why have a lecture on the life on Abraham Lincoln when he could tell you himself? The whole process of creating one took about one minute. The website even helps guide you with step by step instructions and review option.


Blabberize and the classroom

The link above is to my own personal Blabber of a field trip announcement. I made this as a sample because I wanted to show a fun way a teacher can use Blabberize with students. I would give the students a link to this blabber with the instructions to watch a short video online for homework. Imagine the joy they would feel when a little fish told them about their upcoming field trip to the Shedd Aquarium. I believe this online resource can be used in many ways for student instruction. I think that students would enjoy creating them on their own for projects and reports. The range of projects is vast from a presentation on a historical figure to a simple book report. I would love to integrate Blabberize into my classroom. I feel it would help reinforce knowledge in an active and engaging fashion making the students feel less like they are learning and more like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment