Monday, January 13, 2014

Introducing Grace

Hi! My name is Grace Gasper and finding a way to describe myself has always been a difficult task for me. I'm just a simple geeky girl who enjoys life. I spend most of my time reading comics, mainly Batman and Harley Quinn, and watching any science fiction I can get my hands on.
I enjoy crafting and each year build comic character costumes to Cosplay at the Chicago Comic-Con. My life is extremely centered on the hobbies I have because Comics and Cosplay take more effort than people realize. I spend from 6-11 months building costumes fully from scratch for myself and my best friend, Paul, to wear to conventions every year. I'm about as obsessed with Batman as your average 12 year old boy. 
I have a puppy named Alice.She is almost 2 years old. I also have a kitten named Gandalf the grey.He is only 7 months old and is the craziest kitten I have ever met. My Boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years now. I love cartoons, mainly Adventure Time.
Gandalf: The Grey
I love to be silly and random.Sometimes feel as if I have never grown up. This has lead me to my passion for Special Education. I love the years of working with children of special needs in many forms ranging from recreational to being a teaching assistant. I started volunteering at the recreation I still currently work at around the age of 12. Years later and I dream of sensory craft projects and have learned to love the moments at camp more every year. I work mainly with nonverbal children and have a very conversational understanding of American Sign Language. I also have a background mainly based within the autism spectrum of disorders. I haven't had much technology experience outside of Facebook and comic book sites. The classroom in the school i occasionally substitute teaching assist at just installed a Smart Board, which is like an interactive tough screen projector. Though I personally have never used it, I find these types of advances in the classroom to be exciting and invigorating. Children with special needs are given so many limitations in daily life that it never fails to amazing how many can truly grow through the medium of technology. Im extremely excited to learn the tools that have been growing in more recent years in terms of educational technology.
Alice

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace. If you love comics so much you must love Big Bang Theory! Have you thought about creating a website that showcases all of the costumes you have created? It would be a great way for you to showcase your talents and to build technology into your passion.

    Technology advances have been fantastic for special education classrooms. It's making it much easier to try to meet the needs of all students.

    Cute pics of the animals! We have a 6 month old grey tabby named "Jackson" (we lost our 19 year old cat this past July). They sure are fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more comment...watch the lower-case "i"'s!

      Delete